Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A lesson from birds...Part 3

Another thing God taught me about the birds was:

Their provision -

Basically, the most important lesson about their provision was that they didn’t provide for their own needs. They just flew along and saw a worm. And the worm was just there ; right where they needed it to be. They didn’t plant it in the ground. They just saw it, swooped down, snatched it up, and ate it. They didn’t sow, reap, or store up what they needed. Yet, everything they needed was right where they needed it to be and right on time!


As I watched the birds in my yard, I realized that God provides for me in the same way. It's always His provision and it's always right on time. Though I'd always like to have everything I'm going to need in my possession ahead of when I need it, I know myself well enough to know that if I had it ahead of time I’d probably spend it and then not have it when I need it!! God knows me well too. So, He promises me that I already have it and God's promises are just as sure as if they have already taken place. Everything I'll ever need is already mine; it’s just not in my bank account yet.

I also realized that if the birds had everything they needed for their journey, they wouldn’t be able to fly!! The load of their possessions would have been a heavy burden and would have weighed them down.


It's the same with me. I wouldn’t be able to soar like God has planned for me, if I was weighed down with the responsibility for all the possessions I’m ever going to need to do what He calls me to do. So He keeps what I will need with Him, taking care of it till I need it.

By the way, the lesson I learned was a great lesson for churches as well. It really doesn’t matter if you don’t have enough money in your church accounts for the ministries God is calling you to do. If God is calling your church to a vision that seems too big, then it’s probably truly God. If your church only attempts what you can see a way to be able to do, then the world will only get to see your church working for God. But if you attempt what seems impossible (as God leads), then the world will see a miracle. The world will see God working through the church!!! And no matter what you need as a church, He will always provide!

No comments:

with Debbie Childers