Friday, June 27, 2008

Taking a plunge just for fun....

We drove over to Georgia this weekend to work on our house and try to make it more "sale-able". We scraped wallpaper for HOURS, painted, cleaned up the yard, cleaned the basement, and worked HARD for two days. At the end of the day today we were exhausted and HOT. My grandkids had spent all day in the pool while their parents helped us. My daughter Amy and I went out to watch them swim late this afternoon and commented on how inviting the water looked.

Amy looked at me and said, "I just want to jump in there right now, but I didn't bring a swimsuit." As we looked at each other it was almost like something came over us and we just couldn't help it. We both jumped up, ran toward the pool, and jumped in fully clothed!!!! The kids screamed and laughed and we thought it was hilarious. The water felt great and we had so much fun till Tim came into the pool area and informed us that my suitcase was on the bottom layer of all the stuff he had just loaded in the car. He also informed me that he had no intention of unloading the car to get to my clothes and he then informed me that he was not going to wait on me to "dry out" before we left because he had a wedding the next morning. So I was looking at a two hour drive in wet clothes. And I didn't even care.

There I was; a 53 year old woman, fully clothed in a swimming pool and the most important thing on my mind was that when I left to go back to Alabama in wet clothes my grandkids would remember it and laugh for days! I would do just about anything to make those kids smile. It does my heart good to see them giggle. I just love knowing that I have made them happy.

I can't even imagine how God must feel when He sees us rejoice over something wonderful He does in our lives. It's hard to grasp the fact that my love for my children and grandchildren, even as overwhelming as it seems to be in my life, does not even compare with the love that God has for me. He enjoys me even more than I enjoy my kids! I just know that it pleases Him when I laugh and it thrills Him when I smile. He must love knowing that He has made me happy and given me joy beyond measure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel that I must defend myself!!! I was so tired that I could hardly move much less unload the car which was packed to the top!

I love my wife - but she can be a little crazy sometimes! I guess that is one of the things I love the most!

with Debbie Childers